When outside temperatures drop down to an icy 20 degrees, pipes freeze. When pipes freeze, they break...and then when those broken pipes thaw...well, you end up in deep water!
IN JUST 24 HOURS:
- 250 gallons of water can leak from a 1/8-inch crack in a pipe - deep water indeed!
- Mold starts to grow, increasing the damage to your property
Here are a couple tips to prevent your property from turning into a swimming pool or ice skating rink, depending on the season.
WHEN THE MERCURY PLUMMETS:
- Keep your property heated to a minimum of 60 degrees
- Open cupboard doors below sinks
- Close garage doors
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Identify the main water shut off for your property
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN DEEP WATER:
- Turn off the main water supply to your property
- Give Unified a call
We understand that emergencies rarely happen during normal business hours. You can always take advantage of Unified's 24-hour emergency services by calling this number: 855.878.6434.
Both Lifeguard and CPR certified, Unified is ready and waiting to save your property and bring it back to life using our business continuity experts and state of the art equipment. We would love to be your first call in the midst of a water emergency and pride ourselves in being your resource for complete disaster support.